Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Roxy And Jezabel

Working in an office can be a lot of fun. I have fun in my office. There are 5 of us plus 1 small dog and one cat. There are 3 separate offices, a conference room and a kitchen. It's more like a home away from home.


Roxy, an adorable white Bichon, is the cutest thing you've ever seen. She sleeps on the sofa in the office I share with Donna, she is the office administrator and Roxy's mommy. Roxy likes to lay along the back of the sofa, on her back with her legs in the air while we work. She dreams a lot so she will make little yipping sounds or little tiny woofs and her legs will be moving as if she were chasing something or someone. She's a great little dog. She likes to lay in my lap when Donna has to leave the office for any reason and jumps right out as soon as she hears the door open and she knows mommy is back. Every few weeks she will go to the dog groomers and get all pretty. I call her Roxy Clean when she's all coiffed, fluffy and white.



Jezebel is a hairless cat. A sphynx. When I first saw her I didn't think she was all that adorable or cuddly but the more I got to know her, the more I warmed up to her. She's not like other cats. I know, I have 2 furry kitty's of my own. There's Dash, he's 3 years old and then there's Bella, she's almost 2. But that's another story. Jezebel is quite a character. At 4:00 pm exactly, she will come and sit in the middle of Donna's desk or walk back and forth in front of her computer monitor and meow loudly to be fed. The rest of the time she is laying in the sun or under her blanket staying warm. Jezebel actually does have fur but it's more like fine suede with wrinkles. In the summer she has to have sunscreen put on her head and ears so she doesn't get too much sun because Sphinx's are susceptible to skin cancer.



Roxy and Jezebel are both 4 and grew up together. They come to work together every day with Donna. Jezebel comes in riding in a stroller for pets and Roxy runs in on her own, all happy to see everyone, bouncing around and saying hello. There are toys for them to play with, balls and assorted stuffed animals that squeak and rattle. Roxy will bark and sound very ferocious when a stranger comes into the office but will make up with them right away. Jezebel is a great conversation piece and we show her off to everyone.


I have worked in offices where there were no animals, no plants, no pictures allowed on desk tops, it was depressing. Now I work in an office where there are animals, plants and there are pictures every where. I love my office and all of the animals in it.







No comments: