Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Orchid - Part Two

A small amount of time has passed since the orchid incident and I thought I'd catch you up. It has been replaced. When I say 'it' I mean the orchid. It's not as pretty as the first one but it will do. (the boss was happy with it) They called the store they got it from and told them what had happened and was told to bring the plant into the store for a replacement. When the vase was examined closely, they found that there was a crack in one of the legs and the plastic liner inside the vase was ripped. The store was upset and suggested they send someone over to take pictures of the damaged piece of furniture leading my boss to believe they would help take care of the cost to have it fixed.


So a couple of ladies came out to the office and took the pictures they said they would and left. In the meantime, a few different people came out to give my boss an estimate of what it would cost and what it would take to fix the shiny old side table. We hadn't heard back from the flower shop so my boss gave them a call. The manager/owner stated he would not help pay for the damage caused by the defective vase and lining. My boss was livid, couldn't believe it. The owner told him it was 'ridiculous' to put a plant on a piece of 'fine' furniture and it was ultimately his own fault. What was he talking about? not put plants on the top of tables? What planet was he from? My mother put plants all over the house when I was growing up. She did however make sure that the table was protected by a sturdy 'vase' so that the table didn't accidentally get wet and get ruined. duh!


I'll keep you posted on what happens next, the table has been taken to get fixed. We'll see how it gets paid for.

No comments: